Flora and Fauna

March 2011


Throughout 2011, we looked for ways to head south to the Coast.  During each visit, we drove by our salty piece of land.  


Deer moss, Cladina evansii, a slow growing lichen, tends to be soft after a rain and brittle when dry.
Wild rosemary (Conradina canescens) is native to Coastal scrub habitats.


I love the flora and fauna growing on our parcel of property close to the Coast.


Live Oaks, Quercus virginiana, are common on the Coast.  Many years ago, their strong, tough wood was used for ship building.  I think they are beautiful!

On our way home, we drove through Port St. Joe towards the town of Wewahitchka.  I have always felt connected to Wewa since my daddy and his family fished there when he was a little boy.  My college friend and sorority sister Miranda has family from Wewa.  Her grandfather built the Honeyville Methodist Church just on the outskirts of Wewa.  I wanted to photograph and frame it for her.


Honeyville Methodist Church, Gulf County, Florida



No comments:

Post a Comment